HUSBAND: Peter BARGER Born: 9 Mar 1791 Place: James River Plantation, VA Marr: 12 Sep 1816 Place: Rockbridge Co., VA Died: 11 Apr 1855 Place: Rockbridge Co., VA Burial: Place: High Bridge Cemetery, Rockbridge Co., VA Father: John BARGER, SR. See Family Group Sheet 10078 Mother: Mary "Polly" BARGER
WIFE: Ann PETTIGREW Born: 4 Dec 1797 Place: Died: 17 Sep Place: Burial: Place: High Bridge Presbyterian Churchyard, Rockbridge Co., VA Father: Mother:
1. Name: Mary Ann BARGER Born: 14 Jan 1817 Place: Marr: 30 Aug 1843 To: George W. HILL Died: Place: 2. Name: John Fillmore BARGER Born: 24 May 1820 Place: Rockbridge Co., VA Marr: To: Died: Place: 3. Name: Eliza Jane BARGER See Family Group Sheet 10077 Born: 14 Jan 1822 (1825) Place: Marr: 24 Dec 1846 To: William Preston BARGER Died: 14 Aug 1893 Place: 4. Name: James Madison BARGER See Family Group Sheet 10075 Born: 18 Jan 1823 Place: Rockbridge Co., VA Marr: 14 Nov 1844 To: Anna Eliza Willmore Died: 28 Aug 1893 Place: Union Twp., Lucas Co., IA 5. Name: Hannah Gamble BARGER Born: 24 (25) Aug 1827 Place: Rockbridge Co., VA Marr: 12 Dec 1850 To: John Quincy ADAMS Died: 15 Aug 1893 Place: Rockbridge Co., VA 6. Name: David A. BARGER Born: 12 Dec 1829 Place: Rockbridge Co., VA Marr: 4 Ma 1885 To: Fionna DORST (Fianna H. DARST) Died: 4 Mar 1885 Place: Lucas Co., IA 7. Name: Peter A. BARGER Born: 1832 Place: Marr: 7 Oct 1852 To: Ellen Frances KEFFER Died: 27 Jan 1896 Place: Lucas Co., IA 8. Name: William Lucien BARGER Born: 17 Aug 1834 Place: Rockbridge Co., VA Marr: ca. 1854 To: Martha Ann BAILEY Died: Place: 9. Name: Samuel P. BARGER Born: 13 Oct 1837 Place: Rockbridge Co., VA Marr: To: Sarah E. DODSON Died: Place: Trenton, Grundy Co., MO 10.Name: Born: Place: Marr: To: Died: Place:
(A) Peter Barger married a second time, to Mary Keffer, on 22 Feb 1849.
(1) Kirkpatrick, Dorthie & Edwin C., "Rockbridge County Marriages 1778-1850" Iberian Pub. Co., Athens, GA 1985
(2) Barger, G. J. P. "Barger Family Genealogy" self-pulished, Washington, D. C.
(3) Tombstone inscription
(4) Census of Highbridge Churchyard - U. S. GenWeb Archives
(5) Ruley, Angela M. "Rockbridge County, VA Death Register 1853-70, Death Certificates 1912-17" Iberian Pub. Co., Athens, GA 1991
(6) Wardell, Patrick G. "War of 1812: Virginia Bounty Land and Pension Applications." Heritage Books, 1987
(7) Family records of descendants of Peter Barger contained in sundry correspondence.
(8) 1870 U. S. Census - Rockbridge Co., VA
(9) Information from Ancestry Pub. Co., (GedCom files)
(10) The Historical Foundation of the Presbyterian & Reformed Churches, "Falling Springs Presbyterian Church: Rockbridge, VA Church Register 1793-1899" Montreat, NC 28757
(11) The Historical Foundation of the Presbytereian & Reformed Churches, "High Bridge Presbyterian Church 1823-33" Montreat, NC 28757
Susan Barger Donahue, 411 East Roosevelt Road, Wheaton, IL 60187-5564
Return to Barger Family History Society Homepage
Barger Family History Society First Name Index
The Barger Family History Society welcomes your participation in the gathering of family records
and the sharing of research findings. Information for new family group sheets, and any additional
data or corrections of the information contained in this record may be submitted on-line,
using the Barger Family Information Submission Form link below, or may be mailed to the society.
Descendancy charts, family group sheets and copies of documents and source materials may also be mailed to:
Barger Family Information Submission Form
If you have questions or comments about the content of this record, or need assistance with your Barger family research, please feel free to contact the Barger Family History Society.