HUSBAND: Granville BARGER Born: 1869 Place: Marr: Place: Died: Place: Burial: Place: Father: Samuel BARGER See Family Group Sheet No. 10400 Mother: Sarah "Sally" DAVIDSON
WIFE: Lou Ann BARGER Born: 29 Sep 1864 Place: Died: 5 Jul 1930 Place: Burial: Place: Barger-Rice Cemetery, Saul, Perry Co., KY Father: Delaney BARGER See Family Group Sheet No. 10388 Mother: Marzina GILBERT
CHILDREN: 1. Name: Clayton "Clabe" BARGER See Family Group Sheet No. 10394 Born: 1890 Place: Marr: married twice To: (1) Catherine BARNES (2) Bessie STEWART Died: Oct 1974 Place: 2. Name: Lula Effie BARGER Born: 31 Mar 1895 Place: Marr: 8 Apr 1914 KY To: John William COUCH Died: 12 Dec 1981 Place: Topeka, KS
(A) Lou Ann Barger married a second time. Her second husband was Farmer Collins, son of Swimpfield Collins and Lucinda Napier, b. 29 Oct 1871. The children of that marriage were:
1. Franice Collins, b. May 1901(B) Lula Effie Barger and her husband, John William Couch, had six children:
2. William Dee Collins, b. 1 Sep 1903, d. 28 Mar 1992
3. Julie Collins, b. 6 Mar 1906, d. 18 Jul 1977
4. Lee Collins, b. 2 Oct 1908 - living in Scottsburg, IN in 1994.
1. Ethyl Couch, b. ca. 1916 KY, d. 1924 AR
2. Edwin Howard Couch, b. ca. 1924/26, d. in infancy in AR
3. Infant, d. in AR
4. Thelma Louise Couch, b. 1 Feb 1928 Fayetteville, AR
5. Verna "Nicky" Mae Couch, b. 19 Oct 1931
6. Elizabeth "Betty" Jean Couch, b. 10 Apr 1934
(C) This family is descended from the Abraham Barger family of eastern Kentucky.
The Abraham Barger Family
See Barger Family History Society Membership List. Member(s) B121, B123, B176, B425, B539
Return to Barger Family History Society Homepage
Barger Family History Society First Name Index
The Barger Family History Society welcomes your participation in the gathering of family records
and the sharing of research findings. Information for new family group sheets, and any additional
data or corrections of the information contained in this record may be submitted on-line,
using the Barger Family Information Submission Form link below, or may be mailed to the society.
Descendancy charts, family group sheets and copies of documents and source materials may also be mailed to:
Barger Family Information Submission Form
If you have questions or comments about the content of this record, or need assistance with your Barger family research, please feel free to contact the Barger Family History Society.